SNC Automotive has your brake and clutch needs covered. We provide brake and clutch repairs and services for all makes and models, so whether it’s your personal car, your work vehicle or your 4WD that needs attention, our experienced technicians will thoroughly check your brakes and clutch to provide you with an accurate diagnosis and informed advice to help you make the right decisions about the best action to take.
BRAKES – INSPECTIONS, SERVICING AND REPAIRS
Your brakes are one of the most important parts of your vehicle, in fact, they’re the single most important safety feature of any vehicle because they slow it down and stop it. Without the ability to stop immediately to avoid dangers, there would be far more accidents and our roads would be significantly more dangerous. Consequently, it’s essential that your brakes are properly checked and serviced on a regular basis, as well as if you experience any of the following issues:
We’ll change the brake fluid and check brake disc pads for wear and tear, machining and evening out the thickness where feasible and replacing them when that’s no longer an option to ensure excellent braking responsiveness with premium products from brands like Bendix. We don’t take any chances with your brakes and neither should you.
SEND US AN ENQUIRY
CLUTCH – SERVICING AND REPAIRS
Our automotive experts can also manage all your vehicle’s clutch requirements, so if your car, ute or 4WD is hard to get into gear or won’t move when you let the clutch out, the pedal is unresponsive or the clutch slips while driving, we’re here to help. Don’t hesitate to give us a call if:
- Your clutch makes a chatter-like feeling on the pedal
- Your clutch squeals and growls
- Your clutch slips
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT OUR BRAKE SERVICE AND CLUTCH SERVICE
Your brakes are possibly the most important safety feature of your car, so keeping them in optimal condition means you can rest at ease.
We have many tips when it comes to maintaining your brakes and clutch, as well as some simple advice to help you extend the life of these parts.
It is essential to check your car brakes periodically between expert services as it aids in maintaining the performance as well as the integrity of the car brakes.
It is also a great idea to have your brakes inspected whenever you have your tyres replaced or wheels aligned. A brake safety inspection usually involves:
- Checking brake fluid levels
- Checking the condition and thickness of the brake pads and rotor
- Checking wear and tear and how evenly the pads are being worn
- Checking brake lines to ensure optimal function
- Inspecting the general wear and tear on the brake pads and discs.
- Replacing any defective parts, or machining metal discs to smooth out any differences in wearing
In manual cars, the clutch can be one of the most important factors when considering how easy or difficult it is to drive the car. A clutch that is performing in top condition will provide smooth transitions between gears and help lower the use of brakes and maximise fuel efficiency.
When applied correctly, a standard clutch should last 100,000kms plus, however hard driving or misuse can significantly reduce this lifespan. Other things that can impact the longevity of your clutch is the weight of the car, and additional loads being carried.
Some common clutch problems include:
- Leaks in the cylinder that prevents them from maintaining optimum pressure to operate normally
- Broken or damaged cables that affect the tension of clutch application
- Air available in the hydraulic line
- The issues related to hard or stiff clutches
To fix clutch issues, we recommend that you book your vehicle in for a brake and clutch inspection, so we are able to find the cause of the problem. We will advise on any repairs or parts replacement we believe you will require and provide you with a detailed estimate or quote for your approval.
We advise our clients to check brakes proactively as a part of your general maintenance routine. Also, if you are planning an extended journey, you should also make a special effort to do a quick check to make sure your brakes and working in top condition. Signs that your brakes may need to be checked by a professional include:
- Abnormal sounds when the brakes are applied
- A diminished or delayed reaction when the brakes are applied
- The car pulls to one direction, or it shakes when the brakes are applied
- Any significant change to how the pedal feels to you as the driver when applied.
If you have noticed any of the above it is important that you book in with a brake specialist as quickly as possible. Most problems with brakes can be remedied quite easily if they are picked up and addressed straight away.